(Updated Sep 11, 2021)
MathPro Learning Centre is actively seeking applicants for Junior Tutor and Senior Tutor positions commencing immediately
We are hiring location-based tutors to conduct In-Person tutoring.
|North (41 Chelsea St NW)||0||2||2|
|West (69 Street SW)||5||5||10|
|South (9705C Horton Rd SW)||5||5||10|
All applicants must undertake written subject competency assessment tests.
Math 30-1 and Calculus (Math 31) assessments are mandatory for Junior and Senior positions.
Junior Tutor (Math30-1 & Calculus)
- Competent in the subject of Mathematics (Math 30-1 Diploma level)
- Competent in the subject of Calculus (Math 31 Grade 12 level)
- 80% (B+ or above) standings in the relevant course(s)
- Must possess a strong overall academic standing
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, and mature
- Submit 3 references (at the time of interview)
- Must be passionate about teaching
- Received junior or senior high education in North America
- Provide most recent transcript
- Provide high school transcript
Senior Tutor (Math 30-1, Calculus + Chemistry or Physics)
- In addition to Junior Tutor requirements
- Competent in the subject of Physics or Chemistry (Gr.12 Diploma Level)
- With 1-year formal tutoring experienced (volunteer experience does not count)
- Most Recent university transcript (print screen acceptable)
- High school transcript (print screen acceptable)
Three references will be requested at the time of interview
Address to David Chan (Hiring Manager)
Applicant must provide/perform Police Information Check at applicant’s own cost.
** Must include high school (graduation year and high school name) related information
*** Junior tutor assessments (Math30-1 and Math 31 equivalent, Alberta curriculum)
**** Senior tutor assessments (Math 30-1 and Math 31 equivalent + 1-year tutoring experience + one of the following subjects)
- Chemistry (Chemistry 30 or equivalent, Alberta Curriculum)
- Physics (Physics 30 or equivalent, Alberta Curriculum)