MathPro Learning Centre is actively seeking applicants for Junior Tutor and Senior Tutor positions
Due to COVID, applicants must be equipped with a writing device for online tutoring.
We are hiring location-based tutors with the capacity to conduct online tutoring.
The positions are NOT for online-only tutors.
|North (41 Chelsea St NW)||4||3||7|
|West (69 Street)||3||5||8|
|South (9705C Horton Rd SW)||4||3||7|
All applicants must undertake written internal subject competency assessment tests. Math 30-1 assessment test is mandatory for Junior and Senior positions.
Junior Tutor (Math30-1)
- Competent in the subject of Mathematics (Math 30-1 Diploma level)
- 80% (B+ or above) standings in the relevant course(s)
- Must possess a strong overall academic standing
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, and mature
- Provide 3 references
- Must be passionate about teaching
- Received junior or senior high education in North America
- Provide most recent transcript
- Provide high school transcript
- In addition to Junior Tutor requirements
- Competent in the subject of Calculus or Physics or Chemistry (Gr.12 Diploma Level)
- With 1-year formal tutoring experienced (voluntary experience does not count)
- Most Recent university transcript (print screen acceptable)
- High school transcript (print screen acceptable)
Three references will be requested at the time of interview
Address to Ambrose Lau (Managing Partner)
Applicant must provide/perform Police Information Check at applicant’s own cost.
** Must include high school (graduation year and high school name) related information
*** Junior tutor assessments (Math30-1 equivalent, Alberta curriculum)
**** Senior tutor assessments (Math 30-1 or equivalent + 1-year tutoring experience + one of the following subjects)
- Chemistry (Chemistry 30 or equivalent, Alberta Curriculum)
- Physics (Physics 30 or equivalent, Alberta Curriculum)
- Calculus (Math 31 or equivalent, Alberta Curriculum)